This qualification is designed for Water Network Field Managers, Operational Managers, Project Managers, Department Heads, and other practising Senior and Middle Managers. The qualification will develop your technical skills and understanding of the Management of demand Management & Leakage and improve your performance. It will encourage strategic thinking at this level of management, to foster business improvement.
Learners will be taught how to take responsibility for planning and developing courses of action, including, where relevant, responsibility for the work of others and how to exercise autonomy and judgement within broad parameters and to address the knowledge and understanding of Demand Management & Leakage.
The qualification addresses the practical competencies required for the effective management of Demand Management & Leakage operations and provides evidence of organisational competence for Regulators and other stakeholders.
Overview of the Qualification – Main Themes
- Understand the role demand management plays in the water industry sustainability plan
- Understand the range of demand management tools available and their effectiveness
- Understand the application of leakage strategies, the economic value and the external influences
- Understand data handling, meaningful leakage calculations and the interpretation of leakage data
- Understand various leakage control methods used and their respective effectiveness and economic cost benefit
- Understand network repair and maintenance methods and the provision of these services
Candidates must demonstrate the level of knowledge and/or skills described in the units. Assessment is the process of measuring a candidate’s knowledge and understanding against the standards set in the qualification. Each candidate is required to produce evidence which demonstrates their achievement of all of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for each unit.
Upon successful completion of their qualification, learners are able to progress to further learning within the suite of Water Level 5 Qualifications – i.e. completing an Award or Certificate and topping up to Foundation Degree and on to Honours Degree.
Learners may also wish to further their ongoing personal and professional development by accessing other qualifications.
|Number of Credits||2|
|Guided Learning Hours||16|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
|Course pre-requisites||There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. Centres should carry out an initial assessment of candidate skills and knowledge to identify any gaps and help plan the assessment.|