A New Training Partnership for the Water Sector
Learning and Development Associates Ltd, (L&DA) are delighted to announce the launch of their strategic partnership with Cogent Skills Training Ltd, supplying world class training provision to the Water Sector.
A not-for-profit business, Cogent Skills Training works with employers to develop, design and deploy skills solutions for the science industries. We offer a range of process safety courses and competency management solutions tailored to the specific needs of employers. Our courses are designed in partnership with employers and industry stakeholders, underpinned by national standards and support employers to meet the requirements of regulatory bodies.
At the forefront of Process Safety Management (PSM) training for major hazard industries for over 9 years, we focus on delivering a high quality, culture change Process Safety programme that makes a positive impact in participating companies.
Our competence management solutions are based on established industry best practice guidelines and deliver practical support to employers to take ownership of organisational competence management and assurance.
Why work with us?
The Drinking Water Inspectorate has been explicit in setting out its expectation that Water companies must demonstrate their workforce has the competence and behaviours necessary to protect public health and deliver a continuous supply of safe drinking water.
Water companies and their supply chain companies will have strategies in place ensuring they have the right skills development for their leadership and staff to deliver the ongoing success of their sustainable business plans, and to address the challenges of Resilience, Innovation and Leakage.
Cogent Skills and L&DA have expertise and training solutions and competence management consultancy designed to support the Water Sector in meeting these challenges and supporting ‘Workforce Resilience’ as the industry readies itself for the impact of AMP7.
Cogent Skills and L&DA staff have many years’ experience working across highly regulated industries, including supporting the development of contractor competence within the Supply Chain. Our knowledge of the issues faced by Water Sector employers, including leadership & management skills, regulatory scrutiny and major hazard safety management allows us to bring a fresh but robust approach to addressing needs across a range of roles and requirements
What the Cogent Skills/L&DA partnership can offer:
- Water Sector and Major Accident Hazard industry knowledge, with highly experienced staff delivering from Level 2 to Level 7 post graduate training, from QCA qualifications to industry training standards, recognised by employers, trade associations, trades unions and the Competent Authority as ‘best in class’.
- Strong leadership and management of the 360 degree training process; programme and project management skills; PRINCE 2 Practitioners; on every programme or project there is a named manager, administration lead, QA person and mentor as required.
- A flexible approach, with instructor-led training, blended-learning and use of multimedia to deliver the right delivery and assessment model for both the learner and employers.
- Professional Coaching & Hogan profiling; bespoke programme and content development from senior executives to front-line operators
- Excellent training delivery accompanied by friendly, knowledgeable, professional administrative back office teams to ensure the learning journey is managed in the right way, and agreed outcomes are achieved.
The Cogent Skills and LDA partnership will always be responsive, and we are committed to delivering the best possible learning experience available, whilst helping to build a sustainable and resilient approach to skills development within the sector. We would be delighted to meet with you and your team to discuss any support you may need now or in the future