Environmental Leadership offer training and education in waste and health and safety. As one of the original WAMITAB Assessment Centres they have over 20 years experience of delivering statutory competence based waste qualifications.
In 2019 Environmental Leadership were presented with the Centre Award for Commitment to Excellence by WAMITAB in recognition of the high quality of its delivery standards and its overall impact in providing education to the Sector.
Why work with us?
Using a specialist team of waste professionals from regulatory, operational and educational backgrounds, we can provide learning programmes to meet your needs, adding real value in the delivery of skills and knowledge to your team.
We are able to offer Technical Competence through a unique offering whereby clients can choose options to suit the needs of their business and management team.
- Work based qualifications where we work with individual site managers on the demonstration of their competence against the WAMITAB nationally recognised Statutory Technical Competence requirements. This option is particularly suited to managers who are hands on and directly involved in managing a permitted waste facility;
- Vocationally related qualifications where we can provide blended distance learning programmes to enable individual managers to demonstrate their competence against the WAMITAB nationally recognised Statutory Technical Competence requirements. This option is particularly attractive where managers may not have direct management control of a permitted waste facility and may therefore find it more difficult to complete the work based qualification option;
- Corporate Competence Systems where we can work with organisations to implement a competence based management system leading to external certification against the statutory EU Skills Technical Competence requirements. This option is particularly attractive to organisations with established management systems and training programmes, where a more central system is felt to suit the business need, rather than one focused on individual certification of competence.
What the Environmental Leadership/L&DA partnership can offer:
- Waste training tailored to the needs of the sector and based around Statutory Technical Competence requirements.
- A flexible approach, based around individual needs whether that is using assessor-led, or blended-learning options to deliver the right assessment model for both the learner and employers.
- An award winning delivery from an experienced, professional and friendly team ensuring that the full learning journey is managed in the right way, and agreed outcomes are achieved.
Nigel Mair- Centre Co-ordinator