Learners will be taught how to take responsibility for planning and developing courses of action, including, where relevant, responsibility for the work of others and how to exercise autonomy and judgement within broad parameters and to address the knowledge and understanding of the Change process.
The qualification addresses the practical competencies required for the effective management of a wide range of operations and provides evidence of organisational competence.
Overview of the Qualification – Main Themes
- Understand the principles and key processes of effective project management
- Understand the principles to undertake an effective work-based project.
- Understand how to show effective and beneficial use of a work-based project proposal to stakeholders.
- Understand the principles and key processes of effective change management.
- Understand the importance of data, information, research and evidence in preparing project proposals.
Candidates must demonstrate the level of knowledge and/or skills described in the units. Assessment is the process of measuring a candidate’s knowledge and understanding against the standards set in the qualification. Each candidate is required to produce evidence which demonstrates their achievement of all of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for each unit.
Upon successful completion of their qualification, learners are able to progress to further learning within the suite of Water Level 5 Qualifications – i.e. completing an Award or Certificate
and topping up to Foundation Degree and on to Honours Degree.
Learners may also wish to further their ongoing personal and professional development by accessing other qualifications.
|Number of Credits||2|
|Guided Learning Hours||16|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
|Course pre-requisites||There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. Centres should carry out an initial assessment of candidate skills and knowledge to identify any gaps and help plan the assessment.|
This course is suitable for the following roles within the Water and Environmental Industries.