This qualification is designed for those Managers and Directors responsible for the management of Physical and Cyber Asset Security in the water & environmental industries. It is also of value to those managers who operate physical and cyber assets and require an understanding of the concept of asset security and some of the principles and risks involved. The qualification will raise your awareness of the issues involved in asset security including regulatory requirements.
Learners will be taught the key principles of asset security, how to recognise potential risks and consider how to establish processes and procedures to counter such threats within a regulatory framework. They will develop an understanding of effective risk management strategies.
The qualification addresses the practical competencies required for the effective management of physical and cyber asset security and provides evidence of organisational competence for Regulators and other stakeholders.
Overview of the Qualification – Main Themes
- Understand the legal and regulatory requirements and limitations of asset security
- Understand the principles of asset security
- Be able to define the range of potential risks associated with water and environmental industry assets
- Understand the requirement for risk assessment in relation to asset security
- Understand the requirement for effective risk management
- Understand appropriate escalation processes specific to risk management
- Understand the principles of physical asset security
- Understand the principles of cyber asset security
- Understand how to engage with stakeholders to support and improve asset security
Candidates must demonstrate the level of knowledge and/or skills described in the units. Assessment is the process of measuring a candidate’s knowledge and understanding against the standards set in the qualification. Each candidate is required to produce evidence which demonstrates their achievement of all of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for each unit.
Upon successful completion of their qualification, learners are able to progress to further learning within the suite of Water Level 5 Qualifications – i.e. completing an Award or Certificate and topping up to Foundation Degree and on to Honours Degree.
Learners may also wish to further their ongoing personal and professional development by accessing other qualifications.
|Number of Credits||2|
|Guided Learning Hours||16|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
|Course pre-requisites||There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. Centres should carry out an initial assessment of candidate skills and knowledge to identify any gaps and help plan the assessment.|
This course is suitable for the following roles within the Water and Environmental Industries.